Skylord
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ch 1c - Oceancrest - The bond (Eventually everyone)

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ch 1c - Oceancrest - The bond (Eventually everyone) Empty Ch 1c - Oceancrest - The bond (Eventually everyone)

Post  Kanen Sat May 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Azalla was just on the verge of sleep when something pulled her from slipping over the edge. Though she had only been here for a short time, she had become accustomed to the constant noises around the Basin. Currently it was crickets, the wind, and the crashing of the ocean. However, what pulled her just from slumber was the sounds of some sort of metal object against wood. It was coming from the window which was open. It was still dark and it was hard to tell how much time had passed. There was a faint glow outside from the moon, but it didn't do much to illuminate the inside of the room.

A bit of grunting was also coming from the window as if someone was putting for a good deal of effort trying to accomplish something.
Kanen
Kanen

Back to top Go down

Ch 1c - Oceancrest - The bond (Eventually everyone) Empty Re: Ch 1c - Oceancrest - The bond (Eventually everyone)

Post  Amocin Sat May 15, 2010 3:37 pm

For a short while Azalla ignored the noise. It was difficult trying to get to sleep in this different place. The noises, feeling, and general look of everything was so much more different then she was used to. Conditioning had gotten to her, normally used to sleeping on the sea bed with the clam sounds of the sea. The bubbles rising, the feeling of the current against her scales. The more she thought about it the worst it got.

Then the clanking of that metal. With a frustrated huff she got up out of the bed. Intent on closing the window to block out the sound she first had to investigate it. She lifted herself up and walked over to the window, practically hanging out of it to hear where the sound was coming from. She didnt look, only listened for the sound again, judging from where it came from and then looked in the direction it had come to see what had made the obscenity of sound, intent on making it quite.
Amocin
Amocin
Admin

https://skylordrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ch 1c - Oceancrest - The bond (Eventually everyone) Empty Re: Ch 1c - Oceancrest - The bond (Eventually everyone)

Post  Kanen Sat May 15, 2010 4:07 pm

As Azalla got up from the bed to check out the window, a metal hook came over the edge of the window. It was a bit of a surprise because it didn't seem like the noise was that close, even to her ears. Or had it taken her a moment to fully wake up.

Meeting the hook was a hand, one of Man, but it was hard to make out any significant details. The two worked together to pull up a person, who boldly decided to enter the room. This was peculiar.

The person who pulled themselves up was a young man. He was dressed in student robes. He was tall and seemingly handsome from what she could tell. The light in here was dim and it was hard to make out details, but her vision was slowly adjusting. His hands moved to brush himself off and he placed the hook he had used to climb with on the desk near the window. He actually took the time, without saying anything, to look around for a candle to light. What was happening?
Kanen
Kanen

Back to top Go down

Post  Amocin Sat May 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Azalla moved back when she saw the hook, as if somebody had shot it at her directly. She was shocked and a bit appalled at the sight of the man coming up into her room. What was he doing? Did he even know that this room was currently occupied? As he said nothing, and went about looking for a candle, she automatically assumed that he felt nobody was in here. From the memories she knew a little of robbery, but in student robes? It was unlikely he was here to do such a thing.

She went to the table to get the lantern previously used by the scholar and if she had magical means to do so, she would light it. Otherwise hopefully there was a match of sorts to help her. Light or no, she was not willing to take silence for much longer, speaking out, much louder then needed. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" Her voice didnt carry the same tone as it had before. Not the happy cherry and overly grateful Skylord, but now the tired, disturbed and a little worried sleepless dragon.
Amocin
Amocin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanen Sat May 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Being a water dragon she had no magical means to create fire. However, the was a flint and steel left behind by the scholar. She used it to light the lantern. The man, it seemed, was very unconcerned with her words. The lantern did well to illuminate the the intruder.

He was a fairly tall man, good features and breeding. Despite the climb and the wind, his hair was easily corrected, blond. His eyes were a dashing blue. She could see the insignia denoting House Oceancrest.

"I am Mordin Oceancrest, and to bypass formalities, I've decided to get a jump on the competition and become the next dragon rider. Surely you are aware of House Oceancrest. I am the next in line to Head of House and the control of a great deal of influence. I can guarantee you will find no better student to take the responsibility." His voice was calm and confident.
Kanen
Kanen

Back to top Go down

Post  Amocin Sat May 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Wow, the nerve of these people. Or at least this student. First the boys were talking about being the rider, then now she had her very privacy invaded. She huffed a little, listening to his claim. "And you think by coming in and disturbing my rest that somehow that would gain my favor?" She was slowly growing more frustrated with the time. Regardless of his good looks or stature she was unimpressed, and if nothing right now was telling her that he was her rider, she was relieved at best.

"Your pride, overconfidence and general lack of common curtsy is disturbing. If you were to be my rider, is this what I am to expect? Being disturbed in the middle of the night because you want to make a name for yourself? What would you do with my power if I were to give it? What good would you do for this world?" She tried not to sound too angry, inquisitive was slowly sneaking its way into her tone. Trying to make it sound like she was considering his 'offer'.

The minor distraction from sleep would prove to be entertaining one way or the other. He had walked into her den, and unless he wanted to jump out the window, he had to face her. She gave him a light smile. "And yes, I am very aware of Oceancrest. However from what I know.. if you are the first in line, why is your name not Typhoon?"
Amocin
Amocin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanen Sat May 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Mordin seemed to not even be the least bit discouraged by her comments. "Look, any educated person knows their history. Dragons are here to serve Man, every time they have come. It's not really your decision on how you are used. I apologize if you find yourself being woken as an inconvenience, but there is a lot to do and we shouldn't waste any time."

He smiled, a charming smile, though still young. "So you have heard of the house. I am not Typhoon because that tradition was broken recently. Now...if you are aware of Oceancrest, you are aware of what it would be like to make an enemy of the House. I'm sure you wouldn't want that, now would you? It could make any endeavors you have in this city more than difficult. I'm only trying to avoid this situation by coming here." Still his voice was calm.

"Now, you seem agitated, but you must understand this is a perfect union, you and I. There is a lot we could do for each other. But you do have a point, this intrusion is terribly rude. And for that I am earnestly sorry for that. But I think you know as well as I do that you're wasting your time with these pleasantries when you are destined for much great deeds. Wouldn't you agree?"
Kanen
Kanen

Back to top Go down

Post  Amocin Sat May 15, 2010 5:30 pm

She couldnt help but let the smirk keep its residence over her lips has he continued to boast. Oh, and now there were threats, which she was obliged to address. "Yes, my time is being wasted. You think it is wise to threaten the first, and likely the last of the water dragons to ever grace this realm? Such an enemy indeed.. And what of the head of your house? Will they not see it as a great shame for you to offend such a great omen?"

A cocky laugh pushed its way up and out, not fearful at all from hiding it. "You know as well as I do that any resistance or problems that Oceancrest gives the first new dragon and its rider will bring them trouble on a political scale. It will be seen as a bad omen and will gain them more enemies in such a venture. More so for something as petty as me not choosing you." She began making her way towards the door, "I am here to serve man. Great men who have been chosen and honored by the Ancestors to hold such great power. But alas.. Your history is incomplete. It says nothing about how a rider is chosen." She came to a full stop right at the door and faced him, not even reaching for the nob. As she glared at him with her great big golden eyes she nearly hissed out. "My rider is my perfect match, not chosen by me, but by my own sole. I have no control over it. And you are not my type."

With no more said, she reached for the handle and opened the door, motioning for him to leave. "Go and know that you were not chosen because you dont have the right stuff. Know that you are only allowed to leave by this door because I deem it. You have offended me, and I have every right to toss you out the same passage you entered. You are foolish to have come here.. Invading a dragon's den in the dead of night. Count yourself lucky if I do not report this to the Arch Mage int he morning." She was showing him a single kindness, granting him life. She waited patiently for him to leave, moving her hands to rest at the small of her back, keeping herself proper.
Amocin
Amocin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanen Sat May 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Mordin listened to the dragon talk, and shook his head slightly, as a parent would to a child. He would have added more, but he figured there was little point to it. It was when Dragon opened the door, with her attention drawn on Mordin, she didn't notice the two girls barely illuminated but the lantern. Alica, who had been waiting there with her friend Lirael, froze. Maybe they wouldn't see her, but Mordin did.

He smiled softly, charmingly, as if he had practice. "Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot, so I will give you your space." he stated, surprisingly not drawing attention to the two other students he noticed outside. He walked casually towards the door and aimed to head down the hall, as confident as ever. As he walked passed the two females, which surely the dragon would notice shortly. He gave a little sneer of a smile as he passed them and began to made his trek down the hall.

[This is where Rainlance will join =)]
Kanen
Kanen

Back to top Go down

Post  rainlance Sat May 15, 2010 7:17 pm

Interesting indeed that Koben had let them pass. But then again, perhaps he simply did not have orders to keep anyone away. Lirael stood with Ali in the quiet hall and took a deep breath. Well here it was... Lirael didn't want to wake the Dragon if she was indeed asleep, so she raised her hand, meaning to knock lightly. Hopefully it would be loud enough to get her attention if she was awake, but not loud enough to be an intrusion if she was asleep. But she paused... Suddenly this didn't seem like the greatest of ideas... but then again, the fun ideas were usually the ones that definitely weren't wise, so she brought her hand forward to knock and was astonished to have the door swing open, leaving her with her hand foolishly raised and the Dragon before her. The Dragon's focus was not on the two girls however - Mordin must be inside, he should have gotten there by now. And oh snap, he was being told off good! Lirael listened to the Skylord calmly - was there a bit of annoyance in there? - telling Mordin that he should have been thrown out the window and couldn't help but smile brightly at him as he passed by on his way out. She would pay for witnessing his humiliation with a smile later, but she just couldn't keep it contained. Her attention didn't stay on him long at all, as she looked at the dragon standing within arm's reach. Wow, she really was beautiful!

rainlance

Back to top Go down

Post  Amocin Sat May 15, 2010 7:30 pm

It was hard to hold back the light growl that came out of her lips as Mordin passed by her. It may not have been loud enough for him to hear, but being treated like a child did not bode well for him at all. Oceancrest may stand by their first born, but would they consider an ally of the Skylord over their own child? She would not put it past them.

She watched as he left, but in the dim light she just barely noticed the two standing at the door. She sighed slightly, wondering how long this would be going on tonight. How many more visitors would she be getting? Should she just ring the bell and tell Koben to switch sleeping quarters with her for the night? Surely that would give her some peace, but then she thought of Koben getting no rest in her stead due to all the intruders. She let herself smile again, reminding herself that at least these two were going to knock. And then her eyes finally adjusted on the two girls. "Hello."
Amocin
Amocin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanen Sat May 15, 2010 7:59 pm

From the outside world, a surprising thing happened, something that would no doubt waken those around them. However, this was lost on the pair.

When Azalla finally locked eyes with Lirael, she could feel a buzzing in the back of her skull. Something akin to what was felt in the presence of magical things, this basin for example. This was different, however. Their eyes locked and after the 'Hello' the world shattered away from them. Not in a slow crumbling motion, but in a sudden burst to black. The two of them stood in oblivion for a moment, the only ones in this temporary existence. Memories, artificial and foreign flooded Lirael's mind, Memories older than she could fathom. But they made no sense, as if a random string of words were spoken in a language she had never heard before and couldn't possibly understand.

A sound started vibrating in the blackness, a torrent of water, rushing loudly all around them. The water manifested, visual now, and it rushed between them, coalescing in a small compact ball of water. They both stood there in shock for a moment, the ball of water rotating slowly. Suddenly, with great speed that ball rocketed towards Lirael and pierced her chest. The was a fake sense of pain, or what should have been pain. Instead there was a warm feeling that flooded her system, a warmth that Azalla felt as well, and all at once the simple college student felt the power of the Skylords. The feeling then vanished as quickly as it appeared. Reality warped slightly, the room and the college forming around them once again. Azalla remained still, but Lirael, started and disoriented fell forward. The Dragon reached out to catch her and when they touched, the Bond was sealed.

Lirael could feel something inside of her, a faint reminiscent warmth. Though she was in fact still herself, there was something foreign there. She had taken classes on the flow of magic essence and ley lines, and she assumed this is what it would feel like on a nexus of great power. But she was still in the room, this power was originating from her, and she could feel it being pulled from the golden eye woman who held her. Although not all was entirely known about what just happened, by either parties, it was obvious that in some form or fashion, they were connected.

When reality returned, and when they remembered to look, they would see Alica unconscious on the other side of the hall. Down the hall, Mordin would be recovering, pulling himself off the ground much further away that he should have been able to go in such a short amount of time. Azalla could hear noises coming out of the darkness, people were waking, movement could be heard from the instructors rooms and from outside.
Kanen
Kanen

Back to top Go down

Post  rainlance Sat May 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Lirael was prepared to apologize for the late hour, to greet the Skylord and see where to go from there but as soon as those golden eyes met her own, everything was gone. One moment they were standing in the College, the next they just... were. It was black all around, nothing in any direction. Even if Lirael had been able to move in her shocked state, she wouldn't have wanted to look down, for she had the peculiar sensation of standing on nothing. This registered just before her mind was bombarded - images, sounds, words, feelings - what was all this? So much! And then the rushing water - would it sweep them away? But no it stopped between them and spun tighter and tighter, into a little ball that hit Lirael and melted into her with a vibrant warmth. She gasped and lurched forward, falling into the Skylord's arms as the world returned from wherever it had receded to.

Lirael blinked up at the Dragon. Her mind didn't seem to be working... somehow it was stuck on the fact that she hadn't responded yet. She managed one dazed word, "Hi..." What the hell had just happened?

rainlance

Back to top Go down

Post  Amocin Sat May 15, 2010 8:33 pm

What had happened came as a surprise to both of them. Azalla stood in stunned silence as the world around them became black. The rushing waters did not scare her, it was her element and she felt in no immediate danger. When they returned to reality she knew what had happened. As the girl fell forward and she reached out to catch her, she knew that there was only one explanation for what had happened. There was a great feeling of relief that spilled over her with the realization that it would not be one of the bragging boys.

While her golden eyes were first set on the girl she then had to look up at the other two who had been laid on their back. What had just happened? Did the rest of the world feel it too? She tried her best to smile at Lirael, "Good evening rider, sorry but I think we must help the others. We shall talk in a moment." With that she helped her to her feet, made sure she was on steady ground, and went to help out the Oceancrest boy. The other girl was left alone, seeing as the two were together, it might be best if Lirael helped her friend.

As she walked out into the hall she kept an eye out for any others, knowing that they were waking up and likely felt something from what happened. Was it like a giant ball of energy went off? How far did it go? She couldnt help feeling bad for the Arch Mage if it got to him, knowing that couldnt have been good for his back. When she got to the Oceancrest boy she reached her hand down in offer to help him up, despite how she didnt too much care for him at that moment.
Amocin
Amocin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanen Sat May 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Alica was out cold, Azalla could tell when she walked passed the girl. Mordin, however, was still conscious. By the time the Dragon got to him he was mostly on his feet. She could tell that he was cross, but instead he kept his emotions to himself. He dusted himself off, corrected his hair, and turned to the stairs. "Good Night, Lady" he stated as politely as posslbe. As the Oceancrest lad began making his way down the stairs, Koben was already on his way up. They passed momentarily, Koben quickly getting out of the way of Mordin and giving a deep bow. Once formality was done, the Wolfen continued on his way.

"Lady," he began, a soft pant in his voice. "The Arch Mage has sent me to take care of any problems while you have a moment with your Rider." He extended his arm, gesturing back to the room, trying to encourage her to move as doors began to open around the hall. "He will speak with you in the morning."

An middle aged man, obviously woken up, opened the door near them. "Koben...what is going on?"

"Nothing to worry about, Master. My apologies for the disruption."

The instructor smiled at Azalla "Lady." He stated groggily before closing the door.
Kanen
Kanen

Back to top Go down

Post  rainlance Sat May 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Rider? Now, Lirael surely hadn't heard that right. She must have heard "child" or "human" or something else that didn't sound at all like what she'd thought she heard. When the Skylord mentioned the others though, Lirael looked around and spotted Alica on the ground. "Ali!" As the Skylord was heading for Mordin, Lirael turned and knelt beside Alica in concern, shaking her gently. If Alica didn't wake up at that, Lirael would work a bit of magic and create water, letting it fall on Alica's head. That should do the trick.

Last edited by Rainlance on Sat May 15, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

rainlance

Back to top Go down

Post  Amocin Sat May 15, 2010 9:13 pm

After Koben ran upstairs she gave him a questionable glare. Did he know this was going to happen and kept it from her? It almost seemed like it with his statement. He had been very fast up the stairs. But now was not the time to speak. She nodded her head and smiled at the Wolfen, "Yes Koben, Thank you."

Rather then wait on anything further she gave a nod of her head to the instructor and then turned on a heel to move right back into the room. If the unconscious girl was still not awake with the splash of water Azalla wasted no time scooping her up gently into her arms and carried her into the room to lay very gently down on the bed she had previously occupied. If not, then the two girls would find themselves quickly ushered into the room by the dragon who closed the door behind herself once the two girls were in the room.

She took a moment, staring at the door with her hands both firmly placed on them. There would be silence unless one of the two broke it. After what seemed like hours but were merely seconds Azalla let out a deep sigh. This was not what she had expected, but slightly comforting not having to worry much longer about just who her rider was.

Ignoring the other girl in the room Zalla turned her eyes on Lirael, calming herself and taking on a proper and polite tone once more. "First let me say that I am sorry for what just happened. It was unexpected and I hope that your friend was not harmed in the process." There were more words crowding her mind, all trying to force themselves out, but with a bit of effort she slowly began to continue. "My name is Azalla, may I have your name?" The human surely had a million questions at this point, and Azalla's mind was teeming with her own, but they would have to wait. Pleasantries were needed first.

Oh how happy she was that the Oceancrest boy was not going to be her bond, nor any of the other snotty brats she had heard outside her window just earlier that day. The fear was slightly dwindled away now as a girl stood before her. She seemed stunned, quiet and for the moment she had been polite. These were good signs. No boasting, no cheering at what she had just gained, she had gotten right down into business with helping her friend. Time would tell if Azalla's first impression of the girl was wrong, but for now she felt relieved.
Amocin
Amocin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rainlance Sat May 15, 2010 9:52 pm

Lirael let herself be ushered into the room. She was still a bit stunned but it was quiet here. That was good. And a name. Azalla. She tried it. "I am pleased to meet you, Azalla." Well that was terribly stiff and formal but the manners came automatically, thankfully. "I am Lirael." She didn't know what else to say. If Azalla didn't respond fairly quickly though, Lirael had to ask, voice shaking a little, "You called me... rider?" Surely Azalla would say no... she might even laugh.

rainlance

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanen Sat May 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Alica was indeed out cold and no amount of splashing water would immediately rouse her. She didn't seem to have any injuries and was fairly light when Azalla scooted her up. The unconscious girl found a place on the bed where she was placed. However, when Lirael summoned water, the amount was much more than she expected, getting Alica quite wet. Both of them could feel the movement of energy, Lirael, with concern for her friend, pulled some Azalla's energy over to cast the spell, making it more powerful. Azalla could feel this too and knew that she was not an infinite spring of essence. This was minor, how much could the Rider take?

With the door closed, the sounds of the hallway seemed distant. They could hear Koben doing some damage control, which involved informing people that the Arch Mage would address everyone tomorrow and that everyone should get a good nights rest. Over time, when things were settled, they didn't hear the Wolfen leave the area, he had the ability to be quiet, so he could be gone or he could still be outside.

Little thoughts that the other was having, a distaste for Mordin, a distinct feeling of confusion, were bleeding over into the other's mind. Lirael could hear Azalla's distaste for Mordin, Azalla could hear Lirael's confusion. Not all of the thoughts were complete, however, as if it was something that was happening accidentally now, but could be controlled and focused later. Most likely they had a lot more than that to talk about, but where to begin, and who had the answers? That was still somewhat of a mystery.

Surely life would be a tad different for the two of them. Just a pinch.
Kanen
Kanen

Back to top Go down

Post  Amocin Sun May 16, 2010 5:54 am

All of these things were new and strange to her, but she still did her best to keep her smile. She was aware that there would be a link between their minds but when she felt herself flooded with the confusion of the rider she was a bit surprised. "That is a pretty name, Lirael." She then moved over to the table in the room, taking a chair to pull out and then motioned for the girl to take it. If she did so Azalla would take a seat in the next closest around the table.

Placing her arms on the table she leaned forward and begun. "I am sorry, I did not know your name at the time so it was the only way to identify you. I am sure you feel it. Your spells are more potent, you likely feel the bond as I do. So let me tell you as much as I know to help you with the process." She took a deep breath, calming herself before she begun. "With this bond you will be able to pull both magic and life from me, both of which are limited. So we must be careful that we do not over use ourselves. We will likely have to train and grow used to this, and I am sure the Arch Mage will be more then happy to spare you time from your classes to do so."

Then she did not say another word, not with her mouth anyway. She took the time to concentrait, knowing the ability to speak from one mind to the next, hoping to say, 'And we will need to grow used to speaking like this. It will be the best way to .. whisper without others hearing.'

Rather then straining herself she went back to talking with the simple motion of bringing in air, and then letting it leave by her mouth as she spoke. "Spells and traits we can worry about in the morning, along with a flight lesson, but right now I need to make sure you are aware of the position you are in." It had been a long time sense the last dragon riders, but it seemed that some in the School had still been aware of the deal made by the Skylords. She had tempered herself to not growl once again when she thought of the boy, he had made her feel like property to be had, and as if he worked magic of his own she felt like such. "It is my duty to protect you and ask for nothing in return, we live for man. Our power is yours, our life is yours so long as you do not abuse it for profit. I have to ask though... what do you intend to do? What are your aspirations in life? And how will you treat me?" That was her biggest concern.. Was she property? Would this girl abuse the power? The last of man had, so it was a reasonable question to ask. Her tone held no anger, only a twinge of worry, otherwise she remained calm and polite.
Amocin
Amocin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rainlance Sun May 16, 2010 1:13 pm

"Thank you." Lirael thanked Azalla for the compliment on her name and took a seat across from her at the table. She listened to all the Skylord had to say, starting a little when Azalla spoke into her mind, fuzzy though it was. Lirael remained silent until she was done though. This all sparked a lot of questions... Why would they want to do that? Offer up their power, their very lives, to someone who might very well treat them badly, as a thing, a tool to be used and used up, as the last Riders had done. It had finally penetrated Lirael's mind that she was to be a Rider. The idea of having a Dragon as a partner and hopefully in time, a friend, was a lovely one indeed, and it would certainly give Lirael a chance to make something of herself, to do something important. She chose to answer that question first, although her answer sounded somewhat lame, even in her head, let alone aloud. "I want... to do something important. But..." another thought had come on the heels of realizing that she had just become a Rider. Lirael was no one special, what if Azalla had made a mistake? What would happen when Azalla realized that she should have chosen someone better, stronger? Surely Azalla was here for a reason, surely having the wrong Rider would hamper whatever she needed to do.

"Please do not be offended Lady Azalla, I realize that this is a wondrous gift you are giving me, but... I believe you have made a mistake. I can't be your Rider - I'm not great at spell casting, nor am I terribly smart or fast or strong, or anything else special really. You need someone who can do great things and that's just not me. I just wanted to meet you. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause all this trouble, we just wanted to see what you were like, it was a bad idea, I'm sorry we shouldn't have come up here in the middle of the night, it was inconsiderate and I didn't know something like this would happen..." She was rambling and she realized it so she stopped abruptly and simply repeated, "I'm sorry," in a very small voice. She had been looking directly at Azalla when she started speaking but by the end, she was staring down at the table in front of her.

rainlance

Back to top Go down

Post  Amocin Sun May 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Azalla smiled at the girl, all the while content with what she was hearing. There was no pride in this girl, no over confidence, and no self righteousness. She did not believe in herself, which in time would change, but that wasnt a bad thing. As she finished speaking, Azalla gave her a moment to calm herself before she replied, "I think you do yourself little credit. Sure you may not be much now, but perhaps that is what is intended. If you learned everything, knew everything, then that would just make it more difficult to learn how to work with the new gifts you have been granted. You would have grown accustomed to how things were done without such things, and would likely not reach your full potential."

That was a very small thing, but then she pointed out, "That boy," the word was said with a bit of venom, she had not intended it, but she couldnt help but still be a little upset. "And all the others who I have heard speaking would love to be a rider simply for the status it would thrust on their name. They see the profit, the glory, and care only to better their lot in life with such a gift. With some I am sure that I would not last long, drained of my powers, weak, and unable to do much at all as I would very much be a slave to their desires.. A tool if you will. I doubt they would even have me a year before they break the treaties." She smiled ever more proudly. "Mordin came into my room demanding it of me, likely angry that I turned him away and 'wasted his time'. Though you may have come to disturb me in the middle of the night at least you had the common courtesy to knock.. And now you even show regret and even a bit of guilt it may seem.. These are admirable qualities that I am happy to see."

She took another moment of silence before she continued, leaning down a bit to hope and catch the girls eyes within her own. "I am not offended, I am grateful. Please know though, there is little I can do. I did not choose you.. It is fate.. Something far greater then I decided that you would be the one.. Had it not been tonight, then this would have happened tomorrow." She sighed a little, and then brought up how to undo such a thing. "You are my rider, and the only way to release you from such.. is for one of us to die. The bond can only be broken through death. I am sorry if this is a bit much.. Please understand that I am horribly sorry if you do not feel ready, but fate deems it so."

"Lady Lirael, do not be sorry, I will be honored to have you as my rider, and in time.. You shall discover that your worth is far greater then you believe."
Amocin
Amocin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rainlance Sun May 16, 2010 4:06 pm

[haha posting this at work from my phone... This is why interwebs on the phone was a bad idea.. Sorry if i didn't address everything, tiny typing window and all]

Lirael didn't know what to expect after her confession - would Azalla be angry at being made to look foolish? However, Azalla's gentle words startled Lirael into looking up. She thought the Skylord was giving her far too much credit but a spark of excitement began to grow. Fate, was it? Well then so be it, Lirael would do her best, as that was the only option.

"Ahh... Well then, i will do my best to do what is needed... Ummm...Why do you let the bond happen? I mean, it seems to be pretty horrible for you so..."

rainlance

Back to top Go down

Post  Amocin Sun May 16, 2010 4:20 pm

At first she was not sure if she should answer, but seeing as she had felt what Lirael had felt, known her thoughts, then it was likely it would happen again. She would not start off on the wrong foot and simply looked back to see if the other girl was still passed out. Once she was sure of it she smiled to Lirael and answered, "As Skylords our lives are constantly tested until we reach maturity. This is but another test on that journey to be seen as an adult in the eyes of my people. That is not the only reason.. it teaches us humility, to a degree respect and obedience. Most of all I believe it strengthens our bonds and ties to man. It is our gift to you, and though you may be free to abuse it, I am not without my free will of my own. If man can not respect such a bond, then the Skylords are free to remove themselves completely from this world and no longer offer it any of our gifts."

[OOC: LOL, its okay, i think you covered it. ^.^]
Amocin
Amocin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rainlance Sun May 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Lirael swallowed audibly at Azalla's response. So basically, if Lirael fucked up, she would be personally responsible for the Skylords not returning again. That... was a lot of responsibility. "Wow... and I thought exams were hard... Ah... well... is there, ah, anything you need me to do?"

rainlance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum